Saturday 2 May 2009

One day ...

When I was little I wanted to work for a magazine when I grew up. I thought it was glamorous and I love magazines. I love the way a magazine cracks when it's new and full of gloss and promise, I love reading an article that surprises me, I love looking at the fashion pages and loving a dress, ripping out the page knowing I will never buy it let alone look as good in it as the six foot, size zero model.

So when I got my job at a magazine I was thrilled, I thought it was part of a whole new life for me and the beginning of something exciting. And it was, I saw and did loads of things that I loved but let’s be honest, the job wasn’t all it was cracked up to be, I felt stifled and to say it wasn’t challenging was an understatement. And I had wanted to move on for a while but still I was shocked when I was made redundant yesterday. And I can’t lie, there were tears. And I didn’t leave on my terms which was frustrating.

Anyway so I had my last day of work yesterday and to think when I woke up in the morning I didn’t know it was my last day. If I did I would have been in a much better mood.

And redundancy is not the worst thing in the world that can happen to you. In fact I feel really lucky, I am a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend and really that’s what I wanted to be when I grew up.

Xxxxx

Ps Redundancy does have its upside apart from all the free time, I am milking it with Jamie I told him that he has to be nice to me the whole weekend. Like it’s my birthday and it’s a long weekend as well so extra niceness. Bring it on.

P.p.s now I don’t work on YOU magazine anymore oh the stories I can tell without getting in trouble. You are in for a treat.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

Dave yelled at me across the newsagents in the airport on Friday when I gave him my British Vogue to pay for and he saw it was 17 Australian Dollars, but you know what - I didnt care - I love magazines too. But maybe your talents are needed for something much more important in the world... perhaps a more in-depth study of karma and its various advantages and pitfalls??? xxx GT

Anne Bonanno said...

Hey if it makes you feel any better I got my redundancy notice on Friday. My last day is the end of August. I am still in shock.