Monday 18 July 2011

shopping post baby

I had a free afternoon last Tuesday so I took myself off to the shops to see if I could find anything to splash my cash on. And this is what I have realised. All the shops I used to shop are now far too young for me and by young I mean the clothes are too short, far too short.

I never had a problem with short in the past (pre-mackay) I used to trot around london in all manner of mini's. But now I find it rather unseemly and desperate. (But I am still okay at showing a bit of cleavage you will be relieved to know)

Also mini's are very impractical, you can't pick up a child with a short skirt on. It's just not possible, and believe me when mackay was first born, I tried, not very successfully.

When my sister was over cleaning out my wardrobe she picked up one of my favourite dresses and said, 'this is a nice top' I said 'that's one of my favourote dresses.' That's how short my skirts were, they were tops.

Anyway so when i was looking round in the shops I realise that I am a 31 year old woman who mentally still thinks she is 25 and perphaps I should change the shops I frequent. So it was good bye topshop and hello Monsoon, which is a store full of sensible dresses that are middle of the road, middle aged and overpriced, because they know that old woman are desperate to buy a dress that doesn't make them look like mutton dressed as lamb. Anyway now I am middle of the road, middle aged and willingly to pay exorbitant prices not to look slutty because I bought two dresses from there and worse when I wore them everyone told me how good i looked. In middle aged women's clothing. Dire.

No comments: