Thursday 23 February 2012

2011, What's it been like?

Here's my year in review for 2011, sorry it took so long i wish I had a valid excuse but I am just lazy. To apologise to you all I have added a bonus post with some pictures.

What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Went to Italy

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept all my new years’ resolutions and then some. Since I’m so awesome at completing them this year I’m aiming higher.

I want to really improve my diet, get more green stuff in there
Work on my book for half an hour each day
Finally learn how to French plait my hair, get pregnant again and keep going to the gym four times a week, get better at swimming and learn German. That’s loads, it should keep me off the streets.

Did anyone close to you give birth?

My friend Jess did and my friend Jules yet another sign you are getting old when all your friends have babies. And no weddings, sort it out people.

Did anyone close to you die?

Our much loved Pop died in September, very sad for us all. And our friend Tommy died late last year, my heart still breaks for his family.

What overseas cities/countries did you visit?

A trip back to NZ which was lovely to see everyone but Mackay’s jetlag almost killed me and Rome and Tuscany which was awesome. Jamie had always wanted to go to Rome and it is really a beautiful city and I have seen a lot of beautiful cities in my life but Rome really takes the cake. Tuscany was so relaxing and I ate and drank so much.

What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

More self-control I’m aiming for better control of my terrible eating habits and sticking to my budget.

What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Pop dying was pretty sad and probably a day I will remember for a while.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I felt like I conquered my post natal depression through the help of wonderful drugs but mostly my life coach. I never ever thought I would have a life coach but she is great and has helped me a lot so much that I am no longer on Prozac and am just feeling a lot more stable.

What was your biggest failure?

I felt like losing the baby weight and then putting it back on was a failure but I am trying to view my weight differently this year, instead of focusing on a number on the scales I am trying to eat healthy and exercise and whatever size this makes me I am happy with.

Did you suffer illness or injury?

No thank god my health is still really important to me, but I did have a face infection from hell which was nasty and keeps coming back and I had to throw out all of my expensive make up.

What was the best thing you bought?

Jamie bought me a kindle for my birthday and it completely kicks arse.

Whose behaviour merited celebration?

My husband pretty awesome. I don’t think I realised how awesome he was when I choose him and although we have had rocky patches he’s always got my back.

Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

The people who let their dogs shit on the street and don’t pick it up, man seriously there is no punishment too severe for these people.

Where did most of your money go?

On my child who insists on growing making us buy him new clothes and needs to be stimulated with activities. What a cheeky bugger.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?

My birthday and seeing everyone in New Zealand and when I thought we had £143 000 (this is a long story but we don’t have £143 000 but Jamie told me we did and it’s all because he mucked up his excel spreadsheet)

What song will always remind you of 2012?

Dynamite by Taio cruz, I thrash this at the gym when I am pumping iron. ‘I came to dance, dance, dance’

Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder?
 Happier,I feel like I have settled into motherhood now and it’s full steam ahead.
thinner or fatter? Thinner, awesome
richer or poorer? 
richer because me and Jamie are saving like little squirrels

What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercising and writing


What do you wish you’d done less of?

Eating crap food and being pissed off at Jamie, he’s a good guy and most of the time doesn’t deserve my scorn.

How did you spend Christmas?

In a cottage in Southwold by the sea, I thought it was going to be bigger than our flat but it was tiny and there was no internet which sounds like it’s not a big deal but actually was, it really got my nose out of joint.

Did you fall in love in 2011?

Nope

What was your favourite TV program?

Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, New Girl, Fresh Meat I could go on. I feel like I really expanded my TV watching this year.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

No way

What was the best book you read?
I read the hunger games trilogy coustery of Jamie and the kindle and I know it’s teen fiction but I loved it, does this mean I am immature and prone to clichés! I say yes.

What was your greatest musical discovery?

The wiggles. Mackay loves them so much it’s insane but Jamie and I now have a rule that unless the wiggles are on tv you can’t sing their songs because I can’t count the times I have woken up singing ‘Hot potato, hot potato’ Also the other day Jamie was singing their songs in the shower, it used to be drum and base now it’s the wiggles. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

What did you want and get?

I had the best birthday this year that I totally created it for myself.

What did you want and not get?

I think I have enough massive blessings without complaining about what I don’t have.

What was your favourite film of this year?

The Inbetweeners and Bridesmaids were pretty awesome, also I have to go with comedies these days as drams as too intense.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I was 32. I had an awesome birthday I had a relaxing day at a spa and then had sushi for lunch and then a 7 course dinner and then home to bed. The best birthday I have had in ages. Next year I am doing exactly the same thing.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

I really wouldn’t mind celebrating special occasions with family and friends in NZ, milestones aren’t as special if you can’t share them with special people.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?

This year I got back into my pre-pregnancy clothes only to find that most of them are too short or too low cut to wear now I am a mother. I think I used to dress a bit slutty. In fact I know I did. Anyway now I am only buying a few good quality pieces and am trying to be practical and stylish. Which is impossible.

What kept you sane?

I think exercise has been pretty good for me this year and my life coach did I pretty good job of keeping me on track..

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

I never ever thought I would say this but my love affair with Johnny Depp may be over. It’s just his taste in fashion used to be quirky now I find it annoying. Or maybe I’ve changed. Either way I think we have outgrown each other. So I have my eye on Ryan Gosling, we’ll see how that goes.

What political issue stirred you the most?

Again I don’t really follow politics but the recession is giving a lot of people a tough time who don’t really deserve it.

Who did you miss?

Everyone that doesn’t live within a 5 minute walk of me. Also sometimes I miss Mackay when he is sleeping. Crazy.

Who was the best new person you met?

I’ve been really lucky this year and met some great local mums who have become great friends. In fact this year I organized a Christmas dinner for the local mums that are my friends in the area and 16 mums came. We did a Christmas quiz and everything.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011
The big one for this year is to stand up for myself and to ask for what I want, it doesn’t mean you’re going to get it but if you don’t ask you’ve got no chance.

2 comments:

Georgia said...

You make me laugh so much. I am totally going for Ryan Gosling too so watch yourself. Although I could take Alex Skarsgard instead. OK you have Ryan and I'll have Eric. Its a deal. xxx

drea said...

My problem with Ryan Gosling that I am yet to resolve is that he looks a little bit like a teenager. Just a bit young in the face. I feel like he has not quite matured yet. Maybe in the next year he might change, I'll be keeping a close eye on him. x