Saturday 17 September 2011

R.I.P Pop

We got some sad news on holiday our much loved Pop died suddenly from a stroke. He was a good friend to Jamie and I.


He was a surprising guy Frank, as soon as you thought you knew him he would pull a story out of his hat about a person, place or something he had done that you never knew before. He saw a lot in his life and made some great achievements of which I think his children, grandchildren and great grand children were one.  I saw him treat everyone with respect, even when they sometimes didn't deserve it and he had a quiet wisdom that comes with age and making a few mistakes.

As soon as i met him I felt like he was my grandfather and we loved him so much we gave Mackay his name because we wanted to honour him and now every time I say 'Mackay Frank', which I say a lot because I like to use his middle name for discipline related issues,  it makes me a little bit sad but hopefully one day the sadness will go to be replaced with happiness. But for now we miss you pop and I wish I had the chance for one last conversation.




No comments: